07 December 2009

Dont' Get Slept On

Back in the Bay Area after a two week binge in Barcelona left me thinking of wine, gothic architecture, olives with anchovies, vivid mosaic tile configurations, and a city that does not rest unless it’s fiesta time and friends have congregated to devour tapas and discuss life, leisure, and futbol. Man, talk about experiencing the dark side of the moon, swimming up stream, or wagering on the heads side of the coin when you usually go for tails on a coin toss; that’s Barcelona for you. This photo, shot at 4:23 AM, was my way of coping with the pleasurable madness Barcelona is infamous for, and so I slept in this position until I was told to go lay on a normal plateau. Thanks, Teresa and Carrie, for looking after me and making sure I had more fun than the rest of our barrio, El Raval. Thoughts on Barcelona are soon to come after my acclimation is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment