13 January 2010

1/2010

Carlo poppin' bottles
That's right, we are lucky men
The Year of the Tiger commenced with what was an easy, memorable night out; a quick walk to Carlo’s crib, champagne with vodka and cranberry juice, some classic soul tunes, and three grown women rolling around on the floor just as the ball dropped screaming indefinable bits of what we thought was the native dialect. Carlo, Trav, and I just sat back, watching and smiling, and we never made it out to the Mission where we hoped to dive into a bar that wasn’t charging $40 to cheers your glass at midnight; amen to plans that didn’t pan out.

Pre-floor layout
With the coming of a New Year means my lady turns over another leaf and continues on recalling her birth, hence her Continuation Day celebration, or what most people refer to as “my birth day!”. Rather than taking her to the Olive Garden and whispering in the waiter’s ear to serve her a scallop cupcake and rally the troops for the ever-embarrassing birthday chant, I decided to surprise her with a trip to the arctic, or what non-Floridians call Colorado. Jean’s birfday happens to be a few days after Teresa’s, so I thought it’d be appropriate to get her man’s-and-‘em in on the surprise. And so Trav and I did what suitors do; we put up the cash and then called the boss-women and told them our ladies would miss a few days of work. It’s good to be a romantic…
T-Money is a true Floridian, and J-Kim is Laker fan?
We stayed in Boulder, CO, a small country college town that reminded me of FLA’s capital, Tallahappy. The first night we arrived it was 9 degrees!!! I motivated the mob to walk a mile in the cold to a Victorian themed bar for micro-brews and fried foods; praise the gods for the invention of snow pants! Upon walking into the bar we were all mistaken for four Stay Puft Marshmallow peoples. After the walk back we hit the hot tub with cocktails and proclaimed the tub as our savior and a must for nightly indoor acclimation.
Estes Park was our next destination for another micro-brewery, grazing with the local elk herds, and a 10 degree drop in temperature once the sun set behind the Rockies.
SZA, T-Money, J-Kim, Camtron, T-Rav
Micro Brews are a must in the CO
The Vail seen from the bar
OK, so this trip marked numerous personal records for me; 1. The coldest weather I have ever experienced. 2. The furthest inland I have ever traveled within the good ol’ US of A. 3. The most snow I have ever witnessed and come in contact with. 4. The first time I tried snowboarding/snow-butt-boarding. 5. Possibly the most food I have consumed in a weekend.



1 comment:

  1. such a suhweet trip. finally being able to pay face value for coors light was nice. on the flip side, itll take weeks to grow my eyelashes back from the -40 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete