20 March 2010

Still Existing Volume 1 Issue 1

A ring-billed gull bombarded my bay windows, blocking my westward view of Twin Peaks, squawking like Twisted Sister, shrieking for attention to lessened it’s load; a message tied to her ankle as if she just flew in from carrier pigeon training 3000 years ago, released by the Persians and Egyptians themselves. As I went for the window the bird’s energy combined with my momentum forced the window to jolt back, sucking the bird into the room like Starship Enterprise’s unforeseen voyage through a black hole. She flew straight to my extended arm, perched and lifted her leg as I untied the string that had been so carefully wrapped around the message tube. As soon as she knew her mission was successful, she was off, and I watched her fly into the sunset as I held the cylinder that contained a leaflet of papers; the Floridian zine, Still Existing: Volume 1 Issue 1.

Photo Feature: Matt MacMillen

1 comment: