14 April 2010

Signify Zine: Issue 3

Cover art by John Lindsay
urban energy
Leo Valls skates hard and fast
post-oil slide

As I skirted Post Street past Union Square engulfed in a mystic mist dodging tourists who staggered with their maps and SLR cameras struggling to find a heading, my elbow ached and I thought of the motor oil I slid through just 14 hours prior to my alarm sounding. My elbow was still bleeding and my hip and knee were swollen, but I’m young, able, and it amounted to a captured moment in time. Documenting a thrash maneuver is like flossing my teeth; I think about doing it, I know the outcome will be euphoric, but I don’t exert the effort as much as I should. I need motivation, either from the dental hygienist who stabs my gums and scraps my teeth, or from a friend who compiles photos, art, and text to showcase his perceptions of urban energy. Signify Zine; Issue 3 is Kohei Yamada’s most recent compilation of photography shot in both his neighborhoods; San Francisco and Tokyo.

signifyzine@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment